Gina Duarte is the owner of Gina’s Anykine Grinds Café in Waimea town. Her mother, Chantal, worked at the old Waimea Dispensary, which now houses the Kauaʻi Police Department’s substation. The office ladies and nurses always shared recipes, and this is how Chantal acquired this delicious sugar cookie recipe.
Gina’s Mom also fondly remembers Grove Farm’s very own Beau Acoba’s grandma, Florentina Acoba, who also worked at the Waimea Dispensary – sharing her family recipes.
|7 ½ cups||flour|
|1 lb||butter or margarine|
|1 ½ cups||vegetable oil|
|3 tsp||baking soda|
|colored sugar for sprinkling, optional|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together until completely blended
- Scoop on to cookie sheet
- Flatten with the bottom of a cup – use a little flour to dip the cup to prevent it from sticking to the dough
- Sprinkle with colored sugar
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown
Recipe submitted by Gina Duarte of Gina's Anykine Grinds Cafe