Kaua‘i's Favorite Recipes
|1/2 cup||Old Bay seasoning|
|8 cloves||garlic, smashed|
|1 pound||small Yukon gold potatoes, diced in half|
|4||cobs of corn, cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces|
|1||onion, peeled and cut into six wedges|
|1 lb||clams, scrubbed|
|1 lb||crab legs, pre-cooked|
|1 lb||smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 lb||shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|2 bunches||parsley, chopped|
- Cut 2 lemons into halves. Slice the remaining lemon into wedges and reserve for garnish.
- Fill a large pot with 15 cups of water. Place the lemons halves in the water along with the onions, garlic and seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Add the Yukon potatoes to the pot and cook for 7-8 minutes
- Add lobster tails, corn, crab, clam and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the shrimp and sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Use a strainer to drain your delicious seafood boil mixture from the pot; reserve a cup of broth from your mixture.
- Melt butter in a small bowl and whisk it into the reserved broth. Pour the broth over the seafood mixture.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay seasoning to taste, then serve immediately.
- Final step, enjoy your delicious seafood boil!