Kaua‘i's Favorite Recipes
|1 cup||mochiko rice flour|
|3/4 cup||all-purpose flour|
|1 tbsp||baking powder|
|1 cup||whole milk|
|1 tbsp||vanilla extract|
|3 tbsp||butter, melted and cooled|
- In a large bowl sift together mochiko, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar
- Make a well in the center and add in the milk, vanilla extract, egg, and melted butter. Whisk until smooth -- do not over mix.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat. Add a little butter, oil, or cooking spray.
- Pour batter on to hot pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with spatula and cook on the other side.
- Serve warm with butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, or your favorite toppings!