Kaua‘i's Favorite Recipes
Hawaiian House Oven French Toast
|12 slices||Hawaiian Sweet Bread, crust removed and cubed|
|16 oz||cream cheese|
|1/3 cup||maple syrup|
|1 tbsp||unsalted butter|
- Arrange half of the bread in the bottom of a buttered 9 x 13 inch pan
- Scatter cream cheese and blueberries then top with remaining bread
- Whisk together eggs, maple syrup, and milk. Pour over bread and let it chill overnight.
- The next morning, bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until a table knife inserted in the center of the dish comes out clean
- To prepare blueberry sauce, mix sugar, water, blueberries, and cornstarch until dissolved
- Heat over medium heat until thickened and add in butter. Add vanilla if desired.
- Serve over squares of French toast