Kaua‘i's Favorite Recipes
Grandmama's Shoyu Chicken
|5 lbs||bone-in chicken thighs|
|2 1/2 tsp||garlic puree|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 1/4 cups||shoyu|
|3 tbsp||apple cider vinegar|
|1/4 tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|2 oz||peeled and crushed fresh ginger|
|3 tbsp||all-purpose flour|
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, except the chicken, flour and water
- Over medium heat, add the chicken to a large saute pan and pour in the sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 40 minutes, skimming off any fat on the top
- Bring to a boil again
- Mix all-purpose flour and water to form a slurry, then add it to the pot. Lower the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes for sauce to thicken.
- Turn off the heat and enjoy!