Kaua‘i's Favorite Recipes
|1 can (15 oz)||kidney beans|
|2 lbs||ground beef|
|1 pkg||chili mix|
|1||Portuguese sausage, diced|
|1 can (15 oz)||diced tomatoes|
- Place the ground beef in a large pot. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain off the excess fat.
- Chop Portuguese sausage and cook in a separate pot over medium heat until browned
- Add diced onions to the Portuguese sausage and cook until soft
- Add cooked ground beef, kidney beans, diced tomatoes and chili mix
- Stir together well, cover, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with rice or tortilla chips