Kaua‘i's Favorite Recipes
|2 lbs||chicken, cut into serving pieces|
|3 pieces||bay leaves|
|8 tbsp||soy sauce|
|4 tbsp||white vinegar|
|5 cloves||garlic, crushed|
|1 1/2 cups||water|
|3 tbsp||cooking oil|
|1/4 tsp||salt (optional)|
- Combine chicken, soy sauce and garlic in a large bowl. Mix well. Marinate for at least one hour -- the longer the better!
- Heat oil in a pot
- When oil is hot, pan-fry the marinated chicken for about 2 minutes on each side
- Pour in the remaining marinade and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add bay leaves and whole peppercorn. Simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken gets tender.
- Add vinegar and cook for 10 minutes
- Add sugar. Turn the heat off and stir. Add salt if necessary.
- Serve hot and enjoy!